Skip to main content

Sick Days on Homestead?

     I know I know it's been like two weeks and trust me I would have rather been blogging than what I was dealing with, the cold from hell.  I've had colds before who hasn't, but this isn't like any other cold it has like super powers.   It started on Memorial day with lil man just having an itty bitty cough, next day full cold and since it's trickled down the whole family.  Little lady was second, then myself, and now it has taken over poor Papa.  Of course when it took over me it was the beginning of Papa's work week.  Being a mom is a hard job but when you're sick and the kids are sick it becomes ten times worse plus you add the chores of the homestead and it feels like I'm being asked to climb a mountain.

Plants keeping growing even when we're sick.


     I've found myself jealous at times of some of the bigger homestead/farms we follow on Instagram until I felt like I was dying then I was so happy we're just starting out and don't have 1,000 eggs to pick up or cows to feed.  It took all my energy and my day quil kicking in for me to drag my body to the car and drive down to the greenhouse and water the plants, in my pajamas and bra-less of course, who's going to see me and I didn't care.  I tried calling in, but as it turns out when you work at home for your homestead there's no such thing as sick days, I don't recall agreeing to this though.  Luckily for me Papa is so amazing and had gotten all the drip system in because there's no way I could have watered the entire garden in my condition.

     I guess it was a good thing the kids and I were both sick or else they would have been fighting me to go outside and play, instead we laid on the couch and watched Netflix and dvds.  It was a gorgeous week weather wise too, which was sad to miss, it's one thing to be sick in the winter but when the sun is shining I just want to be outside.  Boy was I one happy Mama to have Papa back after working, he let me sleep and he cleaned up, cause unfortunately I wasn't up for cleaning, and to help with what the kids needed.  

My new buddy.


     We're going on two weeks now and we're still not at 100% though, lil man is just about there as he keeps reminding us he's almost better.  Our poor little lady though, hers has turned into bilateral ear infections, draining ears are quite gross.  I'm better in the sense that I'm doing things but my head won't stop draining out my nose, and the cough is sticking around for me too.  Let's just hope Papa can show this cold who's boss and kick it's butt cause I'm ready for our house to be without coughing battles and nose/ears draining.  Alright now back to the homestead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

    Since today is Thanksgiving the holiday for acknowledging what we're thankful for, I knew I needed to make a post dedicated to all our supporters. So here it is a letter to each and everyone out there following us on this journey. Dear Family, Friends, and Supporters of Every Type      I'm writing this because I recently did a story on Instagram and I tried tagging all the people who have supported us and mean so much to us. But as soon as I added it I knew there were so many that I hadn't mentioned or wasn't able to tag.  There are some people who aren't on social media, I'm not sure what they do all day. How do they pass the minutes while taking in their morning coffee, who knows. Moving on, I now know how all those Oscar, Grammy and CMA winners must feel when they win and have to thank everyone in about 10 seconds. Anyhoo...      Thank you to everyone who follows us on Instagram and Facebook. Thank you to all who have taken the time out o

Dehydrating, We Might be Addicts

     One of my hobbies that I enjoy most and my family gets to reap the rewards of is canning.  It all started when a family friend showed us how to make pickles, they were so crisp, tasty and some were even spicy.  Once we were settled in our own place I took a free intro class into canning at our local extension office and was hooked.  I haven't done as much as I'd like to but one day I hope to can so much that the hubby has to build me a new room for all my treats.  We were lucky enough to have someone give us a dehydrator a while back but we never did anything with it ourselves besides the one time we pulled it out for jerky.  Just in the last few months I've seen pineapples for a whopping .99 cents what a deal.  Being a canner when I see massive amounts of fruit or vegetables for cheap I wonder how I could preserve them.  It's kind of like hoarding but the good kind, right?  When I missed out on that good deal on pineapples I said to myself the next time they'

Gift Guide for the Non Sports Fan Man

     With Christmas shopping in full swing I wanted to help out those ladies that are struggling to find the perfect gift for the man in their life, be it a husband, boyfriend, or father. But this list isn't for the typical man who loves or plays sports, it's for the tiny percentage of them out there that don't partake in the sports world. Or maybe your fella does love sports but you want to get him something different this year, look no further I've got you covered.      Mr. Homestead isn't a sports fan which isn't common but I think there's more men like him out there than we realize and it makes it a bit harder to shop for him.  He's a fan of working with his hands in the garage, whether it's fabricating or working under the hood of a truck.  Ever since the first Christmas we shared it's been difficult for me to shop for him although now that we've been together for 14 years it's gotten a lot easier. In those 14 years I've search