Skip to main content

Gift Guide for the Non Sports Fan Man

     With Christmas shopping in full swing I wanted to help out those ladies that are struggling to find the perfect gift for the man in their life, be it a husband, boyfriend, or father. But this list isn't for the typical man who loves or plays sports, it's for the tiny percentage of them out there that don't partake in the sports world. Or maybe your fella does love sports but you want to get him something different this year, look no further I've got you covered.

     Mr. Homestead isn't a sports fan which isn't common but I think there's more men like him out there than we realize and it makes it a bit harder to shop for him.  He's a fan of working with his hands in the garage, whether it's fabricating or working under the hood of a truck.  Ever since the first Christmas we shared it's been difficult for me to shop for him although now that we've been together for 14 years it's gotten a lot easier. In those 14 years I've searched for gift guides for my type of man and could never find one. So I thought why not come up with my own this year and help those ladies out there that are new to buying for the non sports guy. Here's a list of some gift and stocking stuffer ideas for the man in your life.

Gift Guide

1. Kobalt 12in 15 amp Dual Bevel Sliding Laser Compound Miter Saw $249.00 at Lowe's
2. Rope Ratchet Tie Down $9.99 on Amazon get him a few of these, he'll love them.
3. Shop-Vac 5 Gal Wet Dry vacuum $51.99 on Amazon for cleaning up messes in the garage.
4. Nebo Big Larry Magnetic Work Light available locally at Dazey's Hubbards $24.99 or on Amazon $19.99 for when he's repairing something around the house or under a hood with little light.
5. Dewalt Impact Ready Screw-driving Bit Set available at your local Lowe's for $24.98 or on  Amazon for $24.99 
6. Dewalt 20 Volt Max 1/2" Brushless Cordless Drill at your local Lowe's for $99 
7. Wells Lamont Water Resistant Leather Gloves on Amazon range in price.
8. Carhartt Double Front Dungaree Work Pant available at your local Grange Co-op, Crater Chainsaw or Amazon range in price for the man who works hard and needs some tough pants.
9. Dickies Mens's Duck Carpenter Jeans on Amazon range in price these are less spendy and less stiff than Carhartt and still good quality. 
10. Markal Pro Welding Marker for the welder in your life available on Amazon $20.36 this marks on all different surfaces, Mr. Homestead loves his that I bought him last year. 
11. Isotunes Bluetooth Earplug Headphones available on their website at ISOtunes Mr. Homestead loves being able to listen to tunes while protecting his ears. 
ISOtunes Pro $89.99


Stocking Stuffer Ideas

1. Carpenter Pencils found at your local home improvement store like Lowe's .28 cents each, you can never have too many of these.
2. Bag of Rags I pick them up at Harbor Freight $12.99 for a pack of 50 
3. Measuring Tape because they get lost here's one at a super low price at Harbor Freight $1.99
4. Beard Oil locally found at Collector's Market by Unicorn Glitter Sharts or online at Texas Beard Co.
5. Retractable Carpenter Pencil Pull Holder available on Amazon $5.90
6. Wool Socks, these are Mr. Homestead's favorite ones available on Amazon $26.00
7. Bullets you'll have to find out the caliber and can find them at Sportsman's Warehouse or Bi-mart.
8. Magnetic Phone Socket, Mr. Homestead loves being able to stick his phone on his tool box, fridge and in his truck available on Amazon for $7.99
9. Safety Glasses we buy ours at our local Grange Co-op and also found online on Amazon $9.10 or if you have a goofy husband like I do these are also rad on Amazon Aviator Safety Glasses for $7.79
10. Lastly pick up their favorite bag of candy or two bags if he loves his sweets. 

I hope this is helpful for those shopping for men who you can't just buy a jersey or team hat for or maybe you want to by your husband or boyfriend something different this year.  If anyone has any other gift ideas feel free to leave them in the comments. Happy shopping ladies and let me know if this is helpful, I love hearing your feedback. 

P.S the local stores are for the Southern Oregon Area

Angelina
Homestead Mama

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

    Since today is Thanksgiving the holiday for acknowledging what we're thankful for, I knew I needed to make a post dedicated to all our supporters. So here it is a letter to each and everyone out there following us on this journey. Dear Family, Friends, and Supporters of Every Type      I'm writing this because I recently did a story on Instagram and I tried tagging all the people who have supported us and mean so much to us. But as soon as I added it I knew there were so many that I hadn't mentioned or wasn't able to tag.  There are some people who aren't on social media, I'm not sure what they do all day. How do they pass the minutes while taking in their morning coffee, who knows. Moving on, I now know how all those Oscar, Grammy and CMA winners must feel when they win and have to thank everyone in about 10 seconds. Anyhoo...      Thank you to everyone who follows us on Instagram and Facebook. Thank you to all who have taken the time out o

Dehydrating, We Might be Addicts

     One of my hobbies that I enjoy most and my family gets to reap the rewards of is canning.  It all started when a family friend showed us how to make pickles, they were so crisp, tasty and some were even spicy.  Once we were settled in our own place I took a free intro class into canning at our local extension office and was hooked.  I haven't done as much as I'd like to but one day I hope to can so much that the hubby has to build me a new room for all my treats.  We were lucky enough to have someone give us a dehydrator a while back but we never did anything with it ourselves besides the one time we pulled it out for jerky.  Just in the last few months I've seen pineapples for a whopping .99 cents what a deal.  Being a canner when I see massive amounts of fruit or vegetables for cheap I wonder how I could preserve them.  It's kind of like hoarding but the good kind, right?  When I missed out on that good deal on pineapples I said to myself the next time they'